I googled this award when Dani, Fading Margins, presented it to me. Near as I can find out, the guidelines have been a little loosey goosey. So this is what I'm passing on to the blogs I will be awarding with this honor.
1. Say thanks and link back to the presenter of the award.
2. Share “10 Honest Things” or so about myself.
3. Present this award to 5 bloggers whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4. Tell those 5 people they’ve been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines upon receiving.
I'm not sure I can come up with 10 Honest Things about myself but I guess you'll never know for sure.
1. I live on a farm - well - 10 acres with a garden. I don't really like most bugs. It can get a little weary for my hubby when he hears screams while I'm working in the garden or getting the mail because I've seen a new creature of the buggy type. A mouse scream is even worse and they are in my garden area. Very scary for all concerned!
2. I love cats and dogs almost more than life itself. Their eyes bring me into their souls and I'm gone...they are my soul mates. Their love is so unconditional.
3. Back in the day, it was unusual to find young people who colored their hair. But now every time I see my grandgirls, they have different color hair beginning before they were teenagers. I was a junior in high school when friends began to have their hair streaked. My Mom was a hairdresser/cosmetologist and she said no when I asked if I could have my hair streaked with blond highlights. You are too young is what heard. Well - I guess I really wanted to have my hair like my friends, so I started a petition amongst my friends at school to have blond highlights. Mom relented when she saw all the names. So she put the plastic hat on my head and pulled thru little strands of hair and when I looked in the mirror, I looked like a bleached blond hussy. I had dishwater blond hair so lightning it a little was a lot!
4. I love my barn and because of the ice and snow, the roof keeps coming down more and more. It makes me sad each time I look out there. Darn!
5. I am spending too much time in front of this laptop...I need to get something else done and when I do, if my camera has arrived, I will show you how productive I can be!!!
I can't do 10 things about me - see past posts. I can't talk about myself anymore today.
My Honest Scrap awards go to:
amandasbaskets My friend of almost 40 years who turned me unto blogs! Yay!
prettythings My new friend, Lori, has been so helpful to me thru her blogs. I was her Secret Santa at Christmas time. Check out her online store.
beansmoments Another new friend who has been so helpful to me as I think about selling online. She made my Secret Santa gift! Check out her online store.
married with children This blogger sent me my Secret Santa gift. She has a unique product so check out her online store also.
by .a sweet pea. This lovely lady was one of my first followers and was so kind to me when I had no idea what I was doing...not that I've come that far but she humored me and commented on my posts. We do love those comments.
Thank you again, Dani, for including me on this award so I could in turn include some of my blogger friends! It's been fun!