Women Who Meet and Sometimes Remember

Do you belong to some sort of a women's group?  Not a formal women's group but a group of women who meet?  I do.  We speak a different language when women are with women.  Sometimes we don't need to complete our sentences...and then again sometimes we need help to finish them.  

A couple of days ago after exercise, there were about 10 of us at coffee at our favorite bakery that has the best coffee in town.  With that many women you can tune in and participate in at least 4 or 5 conversations and we do...or try to.



In recalling part of the hour or so that we were socializing, there were any number of us telling a story and then we were suddenly perplexed because a mind went blank and usually it was a name that couldn't be recalled.  It could have been the name of a movie or TV show or wife of a TV show creator.  Sometimes we get the answer and sometimes no one remembers.

It was me that couldn't remember the name of the wife of David E. Kelley, creator of the new show, Harry's Law, starring Kathy Bates.  It's my new favorite show - who couldn't like an older, fluffy, sassy woman?  I could describe her to a "T", see her on Letterman or in a scene from a movie but her name just wasn't on my tongue or in my mind. And no one could help me!

These are moments where we share a laugh while we all try to remember whatever it is that is momentarily forgotten.  We all have had our time in the barrel so to speak.  This is part of our bond...we share so many discrepancies!

So we discuss our loss of memory on a regular basis.  Wondering if we are in the early stages of Alzheimer's.  Actually we do worry a bit because one of our friends is in the early stages of that dread disease.  We worry about her and wonder about her now that she doesn't join our merry group anymore.

There are a few who linger after an hour or so, not wanting to leave the comfortable atmosphere with people we like with stories that interest us but one by one we make our way to our cars and to our homes or we'll meet again at the grocery store to share yet another laugh or two along with the night's menu or recipe.

When I was almost home, about a mile down the snow and ice covered road from my house, I remembered her name - Michele Pfeiffer!  But I did remember on my own this time and after a while.   

Today was exercise day but with the temps at -28 degrees early this morning, I decided to curl up under one of my quilts and stayed home and out of the weather.  I miss my friends when I miss a scheduled coffee day.  I am anxious to tell them that I remembered her name...

Bonnie

Comments

  1. Hi Bonnie!
    I loved this post! I am also glad to hear that you are surviving the cold, COLD weather that we have been having!

    I agree that it is so much fun to get together with a group of women and have those 4-5 different conversations at once!

    You should be receiving a something in the mail soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becca! I got your letter yesterday! I have the same stationary that you have - I went out to look for nice papers and nothing. So I got a 3rd grade tablet...so fun to write on.

    Thanks for the letter! I'll be writing maybe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha that is SO funny Bonnie! I seriously stressed for a week over the "perfect" stationery only to find that I wasn't satisfied by any of it. Mine was a 5th grade tablet haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!!! Please leave me one...