Like I Really Need to Begin Another Project!!!

Some days it seems like I am in school again...only now I'm sitting in front of  my computer following crafty blogs and Pinterest getting ideas and learning the latest techniques.  It's just like magic...you only have to search and you will find!!!

I've been wanting - really wanting - an old dress form.  I made the mistake of ordering a new one from Joann's and when it came, it was red.  Now I might do a redo but right now I have another idea from a great site The Polka Dot Closet.

I ordered two forms and stands one Sat. and they arrived the next Friday!  Then I got out the Mod Podge and printed some sheet music that I had stamped with cool stamps on calligraphy paper.  Then I tore the paper up and coated the back of the paper first and then pieced it on my form.  I put a coat of Mod Podge all over the form and before it dried I applied a coat of Walnut Ink to age it.  The calligraphy paper helped give it an aged look and the ink finished it off wonderfully.  I am pleased with my first project of this size.

So easy and not that messy! 
I'm going to change the lace on the bottom
 but otherwise I think its so cool!
So now I have one for sale that I'm using to display jewelry and the other one I will do for myself.  I'm thinking of using sewing patterns that I stamp with fun stamps.  Maybe I will do prairie points along the bottom - showing off my quilting skills.  Well - they aren't very difficult but will look cool if I use the right fabrics.

That's all for today, folks!  Doing a little gardening, went to a few sales and decided which treasures to paint or Mod Podge or chalk paint or.... 

Never a dull moment but we are still tired and recovering from our fantastic sale this past weekend.

Take care,

Bonnie

Comments