Necklace Made From Scratch...

It was so cold yesterday that I didn't accomplish much on the cabin porch...but after supper I decided that I needed to do something.  

I love the little owls that I used to make the owl necklace earlier this week so I decided to make another one.  I had seen a steampunk bracelet that connected gears to make the chain and thought that would work for this necklace.

  
So this is what I came up with - gears, two different chains, a key and a charmFirst I stacked and glued some gears together and then I paired the owl and key together so the owl would show up better.  Using jump rings, I connected everything.  Then I glued the tiny balls off a ball chain in each gear piece and in the owls' eyes.  Done!


I don't solder - yet - so I use heavier/thicker jump rings that are stronger than the normal size.  I like the way this turned out...hope it will find a good home.

I bought vintage clip earrings with the idea that I would make a bracelet.  After finding enough earrings, I made this vintage bracelet!  I'm pretty sure my Gram had one of these pairs of earrings.  She loved jewelry...her one dresser drawer was filled with the little boxes that jewelry was sold in back in the day.  Such treasures in each of those little boxes.  It was magical just looking through her treasures.


To look on my dresser, in the drawers and in my jewelry armoire, you just might guess I got my love of jewelry from my Gram.  She had many earring and necklace sets...in those boxes in her dresser.

Met a friend for lunch, stopped at the dollar store and finished up at the quilt shop.  I'd say it was a very good day even if I don't do anything else.  

Take care,

Bonnie

Comments

  1. WHERE DID YOU FIND THOSE SMALL GEARS? I NEED LOTS OF THEM AND DIFFERENT ONES, SIZE ETC. THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!!! Please leave me one...