"One Person of Integrity..."

Yesterday I received my BOMC2, (Book of the Month 2 - free shipping and most books are $9.95) selection, Daniel Silva's, Portrait of a Spy.  He's a great writer and the stories are complicated so I have to use most of my brain to keep things straight...part of my exercise program.

This title is part of his series about Gabriel Allon who is an art restorer, assassin and spy, which explains why his stories are so interesting.  This is his 14th book if I've counted right - his last was The Rembrandt Affair (excellent.)

I write this tonight because I wanted to share one of the quotes in the front of this book,  "One person of integrity can make a difference, a difference of life and death" - Elie Wiesel.  Mr. Wiesel is such a wise and brave man. 

Elie Wiesel (1928 -)
Elie (Eliezer) Wiesel is a novelist, journalist and 1986 Nobel Prize winner. He was born an Orthodox Jew in Rumania and survived the concentration camps.  What a life of integrity he has lived...and survived.  I want to read his biography next...in fact I think I have it here somewhere - stacks of books everywhere! 

I thought in this day and age of The Big Lie - say something totally false and repeat it and repeat it until some people think its the truth - we could all be inspired by this great hero. 

Take care, think about your hero, read a book and keep exercising!

Bonnie

Comments