Long were you a dream in your mother's sleep...

and then she woke to give you birth.
- Kahlil Gibran


What a beautiful baby - don't you think?
We welcome our new great grandgirl, Audriana Marie, to our family and our world!  Mom Bailey and Audriana are tired but are doing fine.  Gram Alissa is almost recovered too.  Auntie Gabby and Brooke are so proud along with Great Aunt Jen!  What a joy to celebrate this new little life!

Great Gram (me) just spent the last week at two different quilt retreats making a quilt and diaper bag for this great event.  I just finished the binding on the quilt last night so hopefully I can deliver the gifts and hold her soon.




The back of the quilt is the same pink fabric of the diaper bag.  The diaper bag closure is made from a metal tape measure so it snaps closed.

 

I hope Audriana will take a nap or two with my Crawling Baby quilt.  It was so much fun to make...lots of love sewn in those seams.

When I got home from my retreat, I cut my roses again so the blossoms wouldn't freeze.  There are still buds out there...imagine roses in October in northern Minnesota.  We've had a beautiful fall and with the birth of our newest family member it is quite a memorable fall at that.
 

Take care and hug your kids!

Bonnie


Comments

  1. congrats on the new edition...and love your hand made quilt! I never learned to sew, but I do sketch and paint. I am a new blogger, hoping to learn more about it, and meet some neat friends. My blog is still in the development process, but soon it will hopefully be more intriguing and fun! Nice to meet you, Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ruby43! I saw your sketches - they are great. I love pencil and paper...you can go anywhere and sketch! Nice to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. She's so cute! :-)

    ficklecattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for commenting...I am new to the blogger thing, but I think I am going to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!!! Please leave me one...