My Love Fairy Postcard

I love my Love Fairy - she's so perfect!
What a lovely surprise yesterday!  In my mail arrived a postcard from Liverpool, UK - it is part of the Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap!  Jules is quite the artist - don't you think?  I love the vibrant colors and all the work and care that Jules put into making this card.  

The back is collage also and so pretty!
Beth Nicholls, of Do What You Love, organized The Great Big Postcard Swap for us and people from 15 countries and 4 continents are swapping postcards this month!!!  A huge thank you to Beth.  I can't wait for the next event!

I am just finishing mine up and its also off to the UK!  I'm a little intimidated now that I've seen Jules' artistic talent.  I love her combination of mediums....acrylic paint, glitter, crystals, and stitching.  She's so clever - I like her fairy figure.  I've tried to draw like this but I guess I need lots more practice.  Thanks again, Jules!

Home is Love to me!
My Great Big Stitched Postcard is all sewn, quilted, appliqued and embroidered.  Tomorrow it is off to Banbury in the UK to Kate! 

The back is appliqued and stitched some more!
Another fun experience - next time I'm going to paint one - it looks like so much fun!  I love to do collage so its time to spend a little time outside of my box.

Thanks for visiting!

Bonnie

Comments

  1. What a fun project to be part of, I saw that link on your site and wondered what it was about !!! I think yours turned out great , I love the red and white !!!
    Yours is just as pretty as the one you got, just differant, and that is what makes it fun !!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steph! It's always nice to have a thumbs up from a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are awesome! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani-appreciate your comments! Hope you are enjoying your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the lovely comments Bonnie, I had such fun making it and enjoyed sending it out to you! Yours looks fantastic too, I am not that great with sewing quilting or stitching but that's what is great about this swap - we get to work in so many ways and give our love on a postcard, that's ultimately what it's all about. Thanks again : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love the fairy! Love yours too Bonnie, that address side is especially adorable
    I have posted a link to this on the Facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/DoWhatYouLoveXx
    Thanks so much for joining in
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the postcards...next time you find a swap, let me know...it would be fun to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth-
    I really enjoyed this swap and would love to do another one! Thanks for all your work to put it together!

    Gretchen -
    Thanks - it was fun and I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!!! Please leave me one...