Some Things Should be Left to Others...

When you're in the Trash to Treasure business, you soon learn a few things. 

1.  You never have enough flat places when you are getting ready for a sale...like tables, dressers, etc. to set stuff on.  The accumulated home accessories out number the places to display them at a ratio of 100 to 1.

2.  The weather usually refuses to cooperate - at least on one day of a two day sale.

3.  If you have one lamp and 12 shades...none of the the shades will look right and/or fit the lamp.

So when I saw Renee's Shabby, Chic and Charming blog about decorating lampshades with coffee filters, why wouldn't I be interested???

Here's my attempt at beautifying an ugly shade that has been around the block a few times.

The pile of stuff you need!

Finished product...

I think it looks better on Renee's site...at least I don't have a lot of money invested!!!  It's so heavy that I had to reinforce the wire in the shade.

Hmmm...

Off to do something else...

Bonnie

Comments

  1. I had to laugh at your sale observations, I can relate to those after many many yard sales !!
    I think the lamp shade is really neat, I had no idea what to expect from coffee filters, lol !!
    Stephie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW a lamp shade with coffee fliters! Who KNEW!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I better stick with what I know and not sure what that is...but thanks for visiting Steph and Deb! Back to the drawing board...I just pounded four spoons flat to make more necklace pendants...more my deal!!!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!!! Please leave me one...