What I Did on My Summer Vacation

We have been busier this time at the lake so I haven't gotten very many projects completed!  I was counting on this time to restock the items I sold at our first Farmgirl Country Sale. 

Monday we went to Brainerd and I was the winner.  Stopped at the quilt shop and then on to JoAnn's and then Menard's and then the Family Dollar Store! 

I got a pattern and a little fabric at the quilt shop.  They wrote their first pattern and its a Mug Caddy for storing your sewing or craft or office stuff.  I hope to get at least one done in the next few days.  At JoAnn's, I got a little fabric, a great jewelry magazine and some jewelry findings that I needed.  Menard's was running a special on outside lights that we need for our new barn...code says so!  And at the Dollar Store, we got a few groceries (name brand only - no Chinese plastic or other things), storage bags and wooden clothespins.

Here's what I assembled with the clothespins!  Some will have magnets and some are just for fun office organizing or just decorating a gift.


Love my yo yo's!
Yesterday we went to Crosby to the antique malls and for an always great lunch.  I picked up a few reasonable pins to use in my mixed media/altered/recycled jewelry projects.

Aren't they wonderful???
Ruttger's Resort has the best gift shop so as we turned the corner, I got my wish - to stop once more where hubby had a great red chair in the shade so I could spend a few minutes shopping.  I found the greatest ring that has interchangeable beads.  Two extra clay ones to make a pair of earrings to match the ring.  They have a special name but I don't remember it.  Funky stuff!

The middle comes off and you can change the beads.
When I got back to the cabin, I made two pair of earrings and embellished a large necklace piece.  

It's a large round disk so I added the Sweet Memories piece, butterfly and the ball chain.

Just simple earrings with sayings and a pair with Laurel Burch cats!
I completed a couple of journals with old pictures printed on muslin and decorated with sayings, old buttons and old trim to embellish.

The babies are me and my cousin - we were born on the same day, same year!
The other lady is an adopted family member!
So today we ran home for a couple of hours to check on Norma, our cat, and see how far the construction guys have progressed with the finishing touches on our new barn.  Oh ya,  I ordered a couple of bars from The Little Bread Factory so we picked those up too!

Had to add a macaroon along with the Brownie 7 Layer bars.
Then we got a phone call to invite us to dinner with new friends for Lemon Chicken on Jasmine Rice.  We have more of a social life here than at home!  It was great fun, good conversation, tasty food and the white wine wasn't bad either!

Take care,

Bonnie

Comments

  1. My goodness is your summer off to a great start!!!
    Just love the jewelry you made - just gorgeous. And your mixed media albums are really wonderful. The family member with the "wings" is really a pretty piece, and the one with your cousin is just priceless (what an adorable picture!). Isn't that something that you were born on the same day?? My youngest son and his cousin were born 8 days apart - close as well. And they are already so very different.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!!! Please leave me one...